So off I go to TJMaxx and grab a few pairs of great jeans and tried them all on. And then it happened... I fell in love. I may be spoiled. This pair of True Religion jeans had my name written all over them and they fit like a glove. I wasn't about to walk out of the store without them, no matter what. I walked up to the register, gift cards in hand and handed them off to the sweet girl working. I watched as the price dropped more and more and I fished out my credit card to pay the rest of the balance as she scanned the last gift card. When the total amount appeared, my jaw literally dropped open. I put my credit card back in my purse and instead pulled out a five dollar bill...and I got change back!!! I paid $4.23 for a pair of True Religion jeans. Are you kidding me?? I was ecstatic and immediately called Angie, Lindsey & my mom to brag about my bargain. Who knew a good pair of jeans could make a day so wonderful? :)
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Blue Jean Baby...
In the midst of the nannying gig, I'm also babysitting a ton. On Tuesdays I get to watch some adorable girls (and usually just one lone cute boy/dog) ;) while their moms are in small group. I love getting to keep these kids, & getting to chat with the moms before/after group. This week, Angie told me about a great deal on jeans at TJMaxx. Now I must confess, I just can't tolerate that store for long. I don't shop there unless my mom drags me with her, and even then the clutter of it all stresses me out. There's no denying that there are great deals to be found, but I'm just not blessed with the patience to find them most times. However, I've been dying for a good pair of jeans but knew I couldn't exactly afford the designer price. I am, in fact, unemployed. So when I left Angie's Tuesday, I figured if I knew what I was looking for it wouldn't be a stressful trip...and I had a gift cards too! Lori is a great gift card-giver for birthdays and Christmases, but I'm typically a terrible gift card-user because I always leave them at home or just plain ole forget to use them. Recently I've put all my gift cards in a separate ID holder in my purse so I won't have that issue again. Perfect timing, huh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
okay... did they have anymore??? i LOVE that style and LOVE straight cut. if so i'm heading them tomorrow!!!
So glad to hear that someone else doesn't have the patience for TJMaxx. Man, though I wish True Religion fit me. I would find patience for them.
Post a Comment