January
- I'm not one to really make New Year's Resolutions, because I think generally mine are pretty cliche. This year I mostly just decided to try to refocus on a variety of things, mainly praying and being healthy. See? Cliche, but I felt I really needed to make more of a conscious effort. Now that I'm 3 full months in, the healthy thing is going pretty well - not dieting, just watching what I eat, but I haven't used my WiiFit in probably a month! I'm trying hard to be more intentional about praying as well, and "praying without ceasing." To be totally honest, that's very hit and miss...some days are great, some days not so much.
- This month's TPAC performance was "Wizard of Oz," and my dear sweet friend Bree and her best friend Abbie got to go with us. Linds & I also met up with The Mix to go ice skating! It was fun for about .5 seconds. I'm not big on cold...or the feeling of not being balanced.

- The rest of the month was baby-filled. My precious iCal was filled with blue (yes, it's all color-coded and b-b-blue is for b-b-babysitting). :) On top of nannying for my 2 favorite boys nearly, if not every day, Angie and Brandi also wanted to help and kept me busy as well. And I loved every second of it!

I LOVE my boys! :)

February
- February started off with William's 2nd birthday and it was a blast! All he had asked for was a "hehmet," (helmet) and once he opened it, he wouldn't take it off! He's definitely a fan of hats! The kid's got style (and so does Hudson in his precious "Little Brother" monkey outfit I got him!)!


- Mom was in Murfreesboro for a conference, and it was so nice to have her nearby and actually have the opportunity to see her since I wasn't in the office!
- Lindsey and Bree each got another tattoo, and I totally felt like a mom lugging my new camera in to take pictures, but I'm so glad I did. And I love the last shot of Lindsey's after it healed, if I do say so myself. :)



- Linds and I went to a benefit concert with Natalie Grant, Brandon Heath and 10th Avenue North. It was a-maz-ing! 10th Avenue North played my current power song, "By Your Side," too! The very next week, we got to go see Selah play, and it was incredible as well. It's so interesting to really only know Todd as Todd, or Angie's Todd or Abby, Ellie & Kate's dad, but then to see him get up and sing for everyone! We were official nannies for the night, and it was so much fun to watch the girls listen (and dance!) to their dad sing.

Precious Kate & Ellie

- I had an interview with a management company, which I was thinking was the direction I wanted to head professionally. It sounded great, and got me excited, and about 20 minutes after I sent them my resume, I got a call requesting an interview the next day. The first interview went wonderfully and I was even more excited, but when I got home I learned a few details that weren't deal breakers, but had me disappointed in the position. I got a second interview 2 days later, and after I left there, I felt pretty confident that it wasn't what I wanted, and I was ready to risk negotiating specifics if they offered it to me. They didn't, and I was ok with that, because honestly, if they had, I think I would have been too scared to turn it down. Just another example of God providing just the way He knew I needed!
- The month ended with "The Pajama Game" at TPAC (which was really cute), volunteering Saturday morning for Cross Point's first Serving Saturday of the year, and a (snowy) trip to Murfreesboro to see our Chi Omega girls compete in Step Show.
March
- My mom came in for a long weekend (more specific details on her arrival ;) on the next post, which is soon, I promise!), and my dad, brother, and some more sweet friends came on Saturday to hang out and visit Cross Point. It was the perfect time, too, because it was my first Sunday to sing in KidStuff too!
- Will & Beth were due to have Baby Maddie on March 17th, but when Linds and I were babysitting late March 9th and her mom called, we knew without answering what the call was about! Little Madison Anne got here early Tuesday morning and Lindsey made a flying trip there and back to see her. That weekend, we went back to visit so I could meet the precious little one! She is, of course, beautiful and tiny and so stinking cute! The pictures absolutely don't do her justice. Now we're just ready to see her again!



- The TPAC show this month was "Jersey Boys." It was SO great! It ends this weekend, and we've tried to work it out to go again (yes, it was that great), but unfortunately, don't think it's gonna work out.

- Last, but certainly not least, I got a new job!!! Yayyyyy! :) I will save the details on it for the next post (it goes along with when Mom came to visit), but I am a management assistant to two artist managers and I started March 6. I'm so blessed, and since I started I've already gotten to experience so many new things! It makes a world of difference to actually love going into work every day, and I couldn't be happier!
Well, I think that catches us up for the most part. As you can clearly see, I've been MIA, but missing, in action. Hopefully now that I have a little bit more of a regular schedule, I can get back into the swing of things in blogging!




No comments:
Post a Comment