Monday, April 20, 2009

Easter time!

I spent my first holiday on my on this Easter. It was pretty strange to even think about at first, but I was scheduled to sing in KidStuff, and I really wanted to attend Cross Point's Easter service. It was really a great day and weekend...now I just need to get my family to come to me next time! :)

On Good Friday, after all the storms finally passed, Linds and I headed to Murfreesboro because Will & Beth were going to be in town for the weekend. We got to spend some time with them and precious baby Maddie and watched a bunch of the storm coverage. We found out that our old roommate's parents' house is totally gone,  Lindsey's old house had a lot of damage, and another good friend of hers is completely out of his apartment. It's such a scary and devastating thing...On our way home the next day we instinctively got back on the road the way we normally do, only to be totally re-routed because of all the damage.

On a brighter note..It was great to see little Maddie and love on her! She's already changed so much! Saturday morning we dyed Easter eggs and Maddie chipped in. :) I had the Disney Princess kit (of course I did) and it came with princess bracelets...so we put them on Maddie as a crown!
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Sunday, after an amazing Easter service at church, Linds and I headed home and gave the puppies their Easter baskets. We had taken them to PetSmart a few weeks before and let them "pick out" their new prizes, and while we were there of course we had to put the bunny ears on Rocket (Paisley would have none of it!)! It's so much fun to spoil them! :)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
This picture cracks me up because Paisley looks so vicious as she was trying to get her new toy! 
Photobucket

No comments: