Last night's American Idol was a little on the hokey-cheesy side, wasn't it? I'm so disappointed that there are/were so many talented contestants this year, especially compared to other years, but I'm so over them all. I don't know if they just haven't developed or I haven't connected with them or they haven't connected to an audience (on talent level...there's clearly a huge fanbase for some of them) or what. I'm just bored with it. Maybe I should quit watching.... Nah!
So after the first round, I was incredibly bored until Paula flubbed up and started critiquing a song that hadn't been sung yet. To her credit, the judges do watch the rehearsals, but she really did it. As if the pill-popping stories weren't going on enough as it is! Now add the potential rumors of scripted critiques and banter between the judges? I heard on the Today Show that quite possibly a judge could be replaced for next season. If that happens, my money's definitely on Paula. Anywho...First round has to go to David A. and worst goes to Brooke. Second round was much better for most everyone, and my vote goes to David C. for best and Jason for the worst. My original prediction was that top 4 would be the Davids, Brooke and Jason. Although Syesha did well last night, I think she's taken too long to grow and hasn't been personable enough to get the fanbase the other 4 have. So she'll be in the bottom 2 tonight, with Jason. I think he should go home tonight, even though I adore him. He just hasn't been with it lately...I feel like he doesn't care anymore. Even just in the way he holds his mic! But I still think he has a bunch of people in love with him and this might actually be Syesha's week to go.
I just realized I didn't make a guess for last week's person to go home. Even though I thought Carly would be one to go home a lot earlier than expected, I didn't have her picked for last week. It would have gone to Syesha in my book last week.
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment