Monday, April 14, 2008
Music Monday
My pick for this week is Miranda Lambert's "Gunpowder & Lead." I first heard this song when she performed in the opening of the CMAs back in the fall. She was on the opposite side stage as I was sitting, so I didn't see as well as I would have liked, but there was no denying the energy that she had! This song is one of those 'listen with your windows down, singing at the top of your lungs, going down a dirt road' types. I didn't even realize what the lyrics said until last week, and no, the message isn't that positive...ha... but it's ok because what a powerful, in-your-face song. And it's nice to be different from everything else that's out there right now! And who else can pull it off (and be believable, too!) other than Miranda?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment